In 2020, there were less than 3 million first aid courses completed in Australia. That means at least 86 Percent of Australian’s aren’t up to date on how to spot a stroke, stop a choke, give CPR or stop an allergic reaction. At Accidental DDI we want to change that. So we’ve created the 86 percent, our plan to help.
How are we going to reach the 86?
Rather than wait for the 86% to come to us, we are going to find them where they are looking! We’ll use short and long form video content on social media platforms such as Tik-Tok, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube to help more people to develop practical skills. Our 86 Percent Partners will use their blogs, news and social pages to help promote first aid awareness.
We are also busy at work creating a free first aid guide with content people that people will actually enjoy. Rather than just giving out basic steps, the articles we publish will be informative and have a voice. Each month we’ll post A4 infographics for use in businesses, community groups, and schools.
What can you do?
We’d love for you to get in touch!
If you are part of a business or community group, we would love to write an article for your blog or news section with great first aid advice.
If you are an individual, please share one of our 86% posts on your socials, or get in touch if you are interested in discussing custom content.
Please fill in the form, and we’ll contact you soon!
How do we work it out?
The most recent statistics (as of 18/07/2022) show that 2,904,011 first aid courses were completed in 2020. The Australian Bureau of Statistics Census information accounts for 20,784,780 Australians age 15 and up. That means roughly 14% of Australian’s took a first aid course in 2020, leaving 86 percent without current skills.